Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 11: New Life

The miracle of life amazes me more and more all the time. As Edit's stomach jumped around with a baby's movements and Michelle announced her brand new pregnancy, life became more precious, delicate, and joyful. Today, we celebrated these beautiful women and the miracles within them.

Last week as I gave my testimony, a story of God's work in my life, the details of my extremely premature birth came to light again. It is always good to be reminded of God's faithful care over me and his perfect plan these 27 years.

Just as I marvel at the biology of babies, I'm reminded of the true life, the new life that my Heavenly Father gave me: a life without condemnation, a life with power and purpose, a life with joy and love, a life for eternity all possible because of Jesus' sacrifice and Lordship. It's a miracle.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, 1 Peter 1:3-4

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." Revelation 21:4-5

No comments: