Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Quiet down

This weekend, the cold I had been fighting for days triumphed, so I sank onto the couch not to stir until Sunday evening. I'm thankful for a job that can be accomplished from a prone position on the weekends. Catching up on the sleep was important, but two days of whining (to myself) and emptying Kleenex boxes got old fast.

<--Picture me huddled here.


Tonight, I showered, bundled up, and set out on a walk. With another Kleenex in my hand and a mellow playlist in my ears, I walked to my favorite bridge for fresh air and a bit of perspective. Finally able to get my attention off of my own condition, I stood amazed at the instant perspective and stillness I found over the Danube. Turning my eyes to Jesus, I was renewed in spirit and reminded to worship.
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

Lamentations 3:25-26



Peacefully,

No comments: