Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mikor? Most!

When? Now!

Amazing. August is here--a marvel unto itself--and with the start of this month comes the much anticipated Lábnyom (Footprint) outreach. The time for the English camp that I've been anticipating, fearing, promoting, and more is now! We've prayed, adjusted the curriculum in a positive direction, had several helpful meetings where the teammates have cooperated beautifully, changed the location when a better one came available, and signed up a few more high school students. Let's go.

The foundational goal of this and all of the outreach events and services is to love the neighborhood of Kispest, offer helpful services, and leave footprints of good that lead people to Jesus. That sounds a little lofty, but we want to be both dramatically different and totally relevant in a needy neighborhood as the new church starts.

On a personal note, I'm both thrilled and anxious. I love speaking with high school students (and talking in general--let's be serious) and teaching English, but I've never taught English to brand new English students. All of my students at ICSB have a basic understanding of English and/or have other resources to supplement their time in my classroom. This will be a totally new experience. Couple that adventure with the diverse ages and personalities of our students, and I've got quite a week ahead of me! Thankfully, I am not alone. First, of course, is the Holy Spirit who will teach me what to say and work in our students' minds and hearts. Then, I get to be part of a great group of people. Please pray for our whole team: Bruce, Orsi, Doini, Balazs, Gergo, Zsuzsi, Will, Jenna, and Linda.

Time for me to get back to work. No good English lesson is complete without some quality take-home papers for practice and evaluation. Monday morning will be here before I know it.

As I prepare to be an ambassador of Christ in Kispest, I'd love to hear about where you are headed these days. What opportunities and challenges are you facing? How can I pray for you and the footprints you leave?

No comments: