Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lábnyom Kispestben

Footprint in Kispest

We (my church family called Golgota) are preparing for a huge outreach called Lábnyom leading up to the start of a church plant in the Budapest neighborhood of Kispest. The events will include a children's ministry like a VBS, a sport ministry, concerts, an English camp for high school students, and more. I am extremely eager to be a part of this outreach by helping to teach at the English camp and getting to know local high school students. Rarely am I able to join in the church's ministry events in the city because I don't speak Hungarian. On this occasion, though, I am relatively qualified and very excited.

Now, I've never taught English as a Second Language before, so there is much to pray for and consider as the week approaches. Please join me in praying for creativity and wisdom as I prepare the lessons. I am thankful that basic lesson plans exist; I'll just be augmenting them and adding to them for my specific class level.

But before any of this can begin, we need students! Currently, only 5 kids have signed up. We need at least 10 to hold the camp. The English camp is August 3-7, and leaders will be deciding this coming Monday if we will continue. There are other possibilities. Maybe God has another plan for the use of English and the love for Kispest. I don't know. Our team leader, Bruce, is content in the knowledge that we follow after God. We won't create our own event because we want to. Instead, we see where God is going and follow.

Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain. Psalm 127:1

So, we will pray and wait. Students will sign up at the last minute, or we will have some other opportunity. In the meantime, please join us in prayer for the English camp, the other outreach activities, and of course the culminating event: the new church in Kispest!!

We want to leave footprints in Kispest, footprints that lead to Jesus.

No comments: