Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kedvencek

Favorites

During these slightly slower days of Christmas break and in light of this Advent season, I'm reflective and thankful. These are a few of my favorite things, or at least my favorite things that happen to be caught in photos (and in no particular order).


Szabadság híd (Liberty Bridge) makes a great impromptu cafe

with no cover charge and a fantastic view

Visiting friends from the U.S. (more dear ones not pictured)


Kate and Seth Yaiko, both of whom I've met before their respective births, are my little darlings.
Here, they are making "cheese" faces.
My students hard at work and having fun. I have few joys greater than when they make important
 connections between the Creator God who loves them and our literary discussions.
Time and space to commune with my Heavenly Father in glorious nature (and with coffee)
Not eternally significant, but a really cute car on my street, nonetheless!

To me, Starbucks' Gingerbread lattes harken back to my university term abroad in London: a time when so much of that to which God has since called me first became understood.
The square near my flat: Kosztolányi Dezső tér is beautiful year round and especially at Christmas


These people are pretty great.


Happy New Year to one and all!




1 comment:

Kristen said...

Honored that my kids made it in there amongst so many wonderful people, places and things! :) We sure do love you!