Saturday, October 27, 2007

Where Everybody Knows Your Name

...and I'm so very glad I came! The Carthage trip was a wonderful success as I met up with dear friends from the past four years.
Thank you so much to the Murphys, Murphys, and Murphys for all your friendship, hospitality, encouragement, and generosity! You are the dearest friends a girl could ask for.
The kids and coworkers at Illini West High School made me feel so welcome--and teary-eyed--as they gushed with stories of the new school year and all that I had missed. Hang in there, guys, in the midst of all this transition and hard work you are going through. Go Chargers!
My little ones in AWANA were wonderful as well as they sat attentively through my mission presentation. The faith of children and their acceptance of us adults is a beautiful gift that I will never take for granted but miss often now that I'm far away. (I can't believe that I didn't get any photos to share. Sorry! Maybe someone will email them my way.)
Carthage and Keokuk are special places to me. I pray that God will encourage and challenge the people of these communities with His love and purpose for their lives. And thanks again, everybody. You made my week. Sometimes I just need to go where everybody knows my name. Love to you.

No comments: