Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Home from PFO







The past three weeks have been a marvelous and difficult whirlwind as I've sold my belongings, said a (temporary) goodbye to loved ones in Western Illinois, moved from Carthage back to my parents' house, attended two weeks of training called "Third-Culture Kid Pre-Field Orientation", visited Niagara Falls, met more fantastic people whom I will love always, and come back to El Paso to organize my time here.

Now, I'll have a few weeks to settle in, spend some serious quality time with God, begin to learn Hungarian ("Magyarlol" or something like that), and raise support for Campus Crusade New Staff Training in September. I am really looking forward to this season of preparation, but if you know me you know that I prefer set schedules and definite deadlines--none of which I will have for the foreseeable future!
Regardless of my assumed plans or hopes, the plans of the Lord will prevail. And may

"The LORD be exalted, who delights in the well-being of his servant." Psalm 35:27


1 comment:

Kristen said...

No schedules or ways of planning... totally understand your pain! You must read my post from this morning, my new "stone" that I mark for what God has done. Hope you're enjoying some rest and time with family and friends. We are! Much love!